Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reading Diary A: Jewish Fairy Tale

Jewish Fairy Tales

The Beggar King: I absolutely love this story! It talks about a king who is the typical stereotypical king, who is cruel and basically undeserving of the throne, and has him trade places with a genie to teach him a lesson. I really like how the king was actually treated like a beggar so that he would know how it felt to be on the streets. I also really like how when the genie knew that the king had learned his lesson that the kind tried to refuse because he knew that he was unworthy at first and cared about the blind beggars.

The Water Babe: This story is so good! I haven't read the story of Moses since I was a little kid so I can't really remember if its the same or not. I think its funny that Pharaoh and Bilum have doubts about Moses even though he is just a baby. It just doesn't make sense to me. Like why would you have a weird feeling about a baby? But I guess that Bilum and Pharaoh do have something to worry about since Moses grows up to do great things.

From Shepherd-Boy to King: This story was a little weird. It has the boy David, who is very curious and brave, climb a 'mountain' to see a tree that had no leaves. Turns out the mountain was actually a unicorn. A lion commanded that the unicorn bow and when it did, David slid off in front of the lion. David was prepared to fight but a deer came in and saved David. It got David away from the lion and said that he had orders to save David because he was the future king.
(Baby Moses, Source: The Orthodox Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment