Friday, January 30, 2015

Mermaid Stories: Styles Brainstorm

Topic: My storybook will be about mermaid stories. I think I want to include The Yellow Dwarf and I want to use The Little Mermaid. I don't think I'll have any trouble finding any mermaid stories. I've seen quite a few stories about mermaids that have definitely caught my attention.

Bibliography:

  1. The Yellow Dwarf from Lang's Fairytales by Marie-Catherine Le Jumel de Barneville and Baroness d'Aulnoy (no date). 
  2. The Little Mermaid from Fairy Tales and Stories by Hans Christian Andersen (1872).
Possible Styles:

Mermaid as the savior: There are a lot of stories where mermaids help people in need. I think those stories are pretty cool because it shows that the mermaids are selfless. I love the story of Disney's Little Mermaid and how she saved Prince Eric from drowning. So maybe I could do something like that.

Mermaid in trouble: I love reading the classic damsel in distress stories. It would be pretty interesting to somehow write one about a mermaid. Maybe the mermaid could be saved from a shark or if she was beached?

Journey: I like that the mermaid would be on a journey to get something accomplished. Sometimes these stories are the most interesting. It would be cool to write the mermaid on a mission to find lost treasure or a missing sea animal.

Mermaid telling stories: It would be cool to write a story about a mermaid maybe telling her children a legend about other mermaids. Stories about stories are sometimes really cool. But I would have to think really hard of how I would want to do it.
(Mermaid, Source: Reiki Attunement Courses)

No comments:

Post a Comment