Monday, March 2, 2015

Writing Review Week

I think my best writing this semester have been my storytelling posts. I feel that some of the stories are written pretty well. My goal for the rest of the semester is to simply improve my writing. I think a good strategy is to think of what you're passionate about and to apply it to your story. Or think of something completely silly and make it work (that's always more fun and creative anyways). The feedback that I have received has been helping me improve my writing. Anything really helps! SO keep sending it! I chose this picture because it comes from the story that I think I did the best on.
(Bully, Source:Vegan Bits

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the silly aspect of things, especially in this class! I think it's so much more fun and creative to think outside the box and come up with a story that is some what "crazy" or maybe not as realistic; it really shows your imagination and personality! I too am looking to improve my writing skills through this class. Being a science major, I feel like I never get the opportunity to write about anything "for fun", so it's been fun getting the chance to in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!

    Like you, I believe that my storytelling posts have been the best writing samples I have done this semester. I read a few of your stories and I agree that they are well written. I like your writing style and some of your stories are very clever. I think that you are right about writing about something you are passionate about. It helps you give great descriptions of your story and sparks you to be more creative. I also like the picture you chose for your story. It shows bullying pretty well!

    ReplyDelete